Sunday, April 16, 2006

Out of the mouths of babes -

My wife and I were planning to attend Easter services at our favorite Episcopal church today, because we wanted to hear a message about Christ and the resurrection. Sometimes we get that in our ward, and sometimes not. Last year the talks were about the atonement, which is not really the same thing. More about our sins, rather than the hope we find in the resurrection of Christ.

Anyway, I woke my 18 year-old son up for church, because we were going to go to our ward sacrament meeting first with him before dodging out. He came downstairs and said, "I don't feel like going to church today." Why not? "I don't feel like going." Why not? "This is Easter, and they're not going to talk about Jesus. They're going to talk about stuff to do. All we ever talk about is do, do, do." And he went back to bed. I'm not sure I could have put it any more succinctly.

I just hope we can get him energized about something so he doesn't become inactive in Christianity entirely.

No comments: