Tuesday, April 25, 2006

I am very disaffected today.

I’m in my stake young men’s presidency, and our president is a corporate VP. Since he’s on the road a lot he takes care of all the business by e-mail, which means as a counselor I usually have no idea what’s going on. Ward members tell me about stake budget cuts, ward members tell me about stake aaronic priesthood programs that have been changed, cancelled, etc.. I can’t remember the last time we had a presidency meeting.

For our Aaronic Priesthood/Young Women’s meeting last month he was in Asia. This month he’s in London. Usually the stake young women’s president is the one with the questions and the agenda items. They have presidency meetings and are generally informed about what’s going on. I’m embarrassed at my lack of awareness of stake issues most of the time, even though I don’t consider it’s my fault.

It’s just frustrating sometimes. I guess the good thing about having an anonymous blog is you can whine sometimes, and this is pure whining. Our YM president is a great guy, and I’m sure a much better person than I am. I just hate being in a position where I look stupid and out of touch most of the time.

No comments: